Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New and Exciting!

Hi!  I’m Ashley Johnson, a new teacher to the 1st grade team.  I am thrilled to be joining such a great school and am looking forward to being part of the Hunter’s Creek family.  I started teaching full time 6 years ago.  I have been in First grade for all 6 years (my husband likes to say I still haven’t graduated First Grade), and can’t think of anywhere else that I would rather be.   First grade is the best place to see major changes occur.  Readers become fluent, independent and “big” thinkers.  I love teaching writing, and seeing students use traits that we observe in published authors.  This is always a joy.    I pride myself in providing a strong foundation of skills with project based extensions to show their thinking and creativity.  I love coming to school early  to prepare for the day.  My favorite part of teaching is the metal juggle of making sure that I have met each student where they are and pushed them farther!

I am a native Houstonian and a graduate of Texas A&M.  My husband and I live in the Spring Branch Attendance area and have 3 children (Josh - 29, Jourdan - 25 and Addie - 16).   Last May, we welcomed our first grandson.  Walker is a precious little guy and a big blessing.   In the Fall ,we spend lots of time cheering on the Stratford Volleyball team.    In my spare time, I love to run and be outside.  We spend summer weekends on Lake Conroe, skiing and kayaking.  I like to do anything creative, and recently took up needlepoint. 

I truly believe I have the best job in the world.  I can’t wait to learn more about culture of HCE and meet all the sweet kiddos!  It is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment